GUIDELINES, RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS
NAME OF SHOW: _____________________________
SHOW DATE: __________________________________
1. Artist maintains copyright. Las Laguna Gallery makes no claim to copyright.
2. Las Laguna Gallery exhibits all two-dimensional work including paintings, drawings, photography, mixed media, digital, and printmaking. As a rule of thumb, if we can hang it on a wall, we will consider your art for acceptance. We cannot at this time accept large sculpture or jewelry.
3. Submissions to Las Laguna Gallery must be made using CAFÉ system or submittable web site.
4. Cost for submission to Las Laguna Gallery may vary per show. Please make sure that you have checked over your images prior to uploading. The submission fees are non-refundable and you will be charged again for resubmission. Your submissions do not guarantee inclusion into a show. The decision to accept entries into a show is based solely on Las Laguna Gallery.
5. If your submission is accepted, we will ask you to send your artwork to Las Laguna Gallery for gallery exhibitions. Please do NOT send any works to the show prior to notification.
The exhibiting Artist is responsible for all applicable charges related to the preparation, packaging, insuring, and shipping/delivery of artwork to and from the gallery.
The Artist assumes all responsibility and holds Las Laguna Gallery harmless for any damages incurred during shipping. Return postage must be included with winning entries or they will become a donation to the gallery 7 days after the reception.
Please take care to ship your artwork carefully with padding and we will return it to you in the same box with the same padding. The return postage can be a label or a bill of lading from either Fedex, UPS, or USPS included with your artwork. You must complete all forms in their entirety to ensure that your works are properly returned. Failure to do so may result in your work becoming a donation to the gallery.
6. Las Laguna Gallery is not responsible or liable for damages to artwork or framing. Las Laguna Gallery will take exceptional care and attention to your artwork while it is in our care but we cannot accept liability.
7. All prints must be suitably framed. Las Laguna Gallery reserves the right to refuse to hang artwork that is not presented in exhibition quality.
8. Please place a label on the back of your work with artist’s name, title, medium, and price.
If framed, please indicate glass or Plexiglas on back.
9. All accepted artwork must be delivered by at least 4 days before the art reception. Failure to adhere to these rules may exclude your work for the exhibition.
10. Las Laguna Gallery retains the right to represent an artist in a sale of the artwork that was represented and accepted in our gallery for the duration of the show. These works will become a part of our online exhibitions at the discretion of the gallery. If your works are sold through Las Laguna Gallery, the gallery will take the 35% commission.* Not for sale (NFS) artworks ARE acceptable, but we prefer that you provide works that can be sold. If you provide a work to the gallery that is NFS, please consider offering prints.
*In some special events commission structure may change.
11. Las Laguna Gallery reserves the right to refuse an entry which has been significantly misrepresented by its entry or if the juror finds the work unacceptable for any reason. Please avoid changing or altering works in Photoshop or other image editing programs. Please take care to color correct for any accuracy.
12. Any artwork is not ready to hang, may be rejected for inclusion to the exhibition.
The only method we will accept is secure wire hanging. All art work must be ready to hang from one wall fastener. No piece may exceed a weight of 35 pounds. If your artwork is unframed and requires the use of clips or other materials that involve the gallery staff to prepare your work an additional fee may be charged based on time. If artist does not wish to pay for additional preparation, the artwork will be rejected.
13. All entrants grant Las Laguna Gallery the right to use or publish images of their work to promote the art exhibits, future call for entries, videos, or the art galleries. Selected entries may be included in an online gallery, Facebook Page, Google+ page, ArtSlant Page, blog or other social media sites for the purpose of promoting the show.
14. All entries must be the original work of the entrant. The Submission: (a) is wholly original; (b) has been created solely by the Entrant listed in Submission on the Website; (c) has been legally obtained and/or created; (d) does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party or violate applicable laws, regulations or network standards. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained written permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 18 are featured. Artist is fully responsible to obtain all model or property releases.
I have read and understand the Guidelines, Rules and Instructions
Name of Artist (Please print)
Signature or Artist